It is 9.30 on Friday night. Rachel just brushed her teeth and I am finishing brushing mine.
She comes running "maman - j'ai souffle sur les bougies et maintenant ca brule"
translation - fire in the living room
The tableset had caught fire --not by itself, she put a napkin on the candle to try to extinguish it and as it did not work she tried with the tableset. At last that's what I thought happened
No harm was done.
We normally put the candle sticks on the mantle piece but that evening we did not.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Whoa Laurence! That must have been some surprise. What a bright girl that she ran to tell you honestly that there was a problem. Well done.
Oh my goodness!!!! I am so glad she caught it. I will make sure we put our candles out of the way.
Post a Comment