Tuesday, June 30, 2009

growing up

They are growing.. and I feel that they have changed during these last few weeks. Rachel loves to play with her Lego cubes and likes to "pretend".
R: "mon chateau est rouge"
I: "ce n'est pas rouge c'est jaune
R: "maman, just pretend"

Natalie is now repeating what Rachel says, and they play more and more together.
R: "tu veux jouer Natalie"
--no reply
R: allez, tu veux jouer Natalie?"
and finally the two are sprinting in the living room/kitchen. Rachel runs after Natalie and they take turns.

Last evening I took them to the library. Rachel wanted a book with a mermaid. As we were looking at DVDs, Rachel asked me what I was looking for and I told her I was checking if they had the French language option.
Rachel: "Natalie not this one, c'est pas en francais". Maman veut en francais"
I: "merci ma cherie".

2 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

That is SO sweet! Cannot wait to see them so that Natalie et moi pouvons parler en francais. Mais, je pense que elle parle le meilleur de moi! (There I go showing off again!)

Laurie said...

You're teaching them so well Laurence! They will be so lucky to keep both languages.