It is now time for you to start school this fall.
Last year we went back and forth so many times with the idea of enrolling you Rachel at 3.5 years old. My family members and our friends insisted that you should start school but we finally decided to leave you and your sister for one more year together at Isabelle's where you had fun and seemed to enjoy so much the new arrival of a baby boy.
Of course I sometimes got annoyed at food and paint stains, bleach spots on a dress, mosquitoes bites, muddy shoes, nails full of dirt, bad words you had learned/heard, not napping and spending time on the computer (4 year old was a little bit too young at our taste).
You are now about to start this wonderful program at a Montesorri school where you will both have a million of activities and will make great friends. I do know that your dad and I made the best decision but I have a little pinch in my heart thinking that you Isabelle's daycare will be part of the past.
I wonder as well that you might miss the daycare and especially Olivia and Kay, the 2 new ladies who gave you much attention and love.
What if you get sick because of a classmate?
What if you learn bad habits being in a bigger group?
What if this is too much stimulation?
What if I get delayed in the traffic on my way to pick you up?
what if...
But at the bottom of my heart I do know that you will be very happy there and that you will both be in a lovely environment surrounded by great teachers and wonderful friends.
We love you and want the best for you.
maman et papa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
These are the monumentous decisions for us - and I'm sure Natalie and Rachel will enjoy their new school.
As difficult as it was, it sounds like you've made a decision you feel good about. I hope they'll be delighted with school next year!
Post a Comment