Tuesday, October 26, 2010

new friends

Rachel and Natalie made many friends at school. Kids are from different countries and have difficult names to pronounce I have to say. But to Natalie and Rachel this is no big deal.
- mom, no it is not Yune, it is YUNE (hear the difference?)
- maman, c'est VIKROUN, no Bikroun
and the list goes on and on

les copins de classe sont americains/francais ou koreens ou bien russes et les filles prononcent leur nom correctement avec l'intonation la ou il faut. Elles accordent bcp d'importance a ce que le nom de leur amis de classe soit prononce correctement.

2 comments:

Elaine said...

One of the many reasons why growing up in DC is such a fantastic experience!

Herself said...

I get corrected all.the.time on how to pronounce the kids' names and often it's quite a normal name it's just I don't say it 'American' enough.