Yesterday I took the metro (having generously offered my work parking space to a colleague).
Crossing the street in front of Farragut North metro station, I have to admit when the light was still red for me, I got myself asked for my ID and got a ticket!
OK, maybe that young female police officer saved my life... (have to keep a positive attitude)
At Grosvenor metro station, walking towards the parking where I had left my car, I relized that I hd left my car and house keys at work in my other bag. Walking to/from the house would take too long and I would never got in time to pick up both girls by 6pm. I took a car and asked him to wait for me while I retrieved the 2nd set of keys.
When Rachel mentioned later on in the car that she'd like me to pick her up later at the daycare/school, I told her that today I WAS LATEe and told her the reasons.
Her reply: I don't believe it! (I thought about Silvia's story)
Then she added: I am glad you had a little break in the taxi - lucky ducky!
It is good that later on that evening, I joined some friends at the AFI Silver theater to see the EU film opening.
Friday, November 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
ugh, what a terrible couple of hours. You handled it much better than I would have!
So glad you got to turn it around with a fun night out with friends.
It seems like when it rains it pours!
Post a Comment