Early September I accepted a new post. Having worked part-time for the last few years with Anne, the financial officer, in the Press and Public Diplomacy section at the EU, and having loved every aspect of the job, I was so thrilled when they told me this summer that I had been chosen for the job.
These last 2 months have been busy, dealing with our $1 million budget and catching up on all the pending invoices and contracts left aside since the departure of Anne.
I love what I do and feel lucky to have had this opportunity. I am independent and select the timing for all payments and contracts.
After battling with the contractors who have been very kind and cooperative, I have straightened up the books. Does my boss appreciate it? Not sure but I do not care, I am just happy for a work well done.
The next few weeks will be terribly busy as we are coming to the end of the year. I cross my fingers for not forgetting anything I am suppose to do (hope I do know what needs to be done!).
Today I am at home and have for the last 2 hours read and caught up with the last days blog entries of the moms. I love my friends' blogs, they always made me laugh and even cry something.
So happy to have you moms in my life and hope for many more years of friendship.
Depuis mon nouveau travail qui a debute le 1er septembre, je n'ai eu guere le temps de me tourner les pouces. J'aime ce que je fais et le fais avec fierte.
Je suis tres independante et decide de mon timing en ce qui concerne les paiements de nos fournisseurs.
Les prochaines semaines seront assez difficiles et tres occupees car nous fermons les livres debut decembre. Je sais que Anne, mon ancienne collegue paniquait toujours en fin d'annee. Je vais essayer de rester cool.
J'ai remis les livres a jour pour les paiements et contrats et pourrai en fin d'annee/debut de l'an 2012 commencer aussi a traiterles dossiers de bourses avec Helen, je ne vais pas m'ennuyer c'est sur.
Friday, November 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I am so happy for you! I am pretty sure you'll get it done and won't forget to do anything!!
Hang in there! Sounds like a ver productive, rewarding, and BUSY time!
Congratulations on the new job!
Congratulations from me too. And yes, I love November - we get to find out stuff just like this.
Congratulations!
Post a Comment