Last night we had dinner at Michelle and Jacques', great friends of ours. They had invited their friends Bernard and Robert with their 2 adopted children (Hunter 16 and Anthony 2, same age as Natalie). They had Anthony the day he was born, they are both wonderful caring and loving dads. Bernard, a Montessori teacher, took 2 years off when Anthony joined their family, while Bob kept working as an attorney.
Anthony was shy when we arrived and I asked Natalie to share one of her bears, which she did. The kids ate first and went to play downstairs while we started our wonderful dinner. They made sure to check upon us.
Anthony had warmed up to me and decided to spend most of the rest of the evening on my laps, sharing my dinner and calling me mommy and rested his head on my chest. Natatlie made sure to tell Anthony that I was her mommy but was ok with the situation.
Bernard kept asking Anthony to sit with him but he had found a good place he did not want to leave me. I told Bernard not to worry that Rachel used to do the same things. She would address dads in the park and ask them to push her on the swing and simply would refused my help for theirs.
I have always thought that 2 dads is simply better than none at all. Yossi and Jacques did not totally agree and reminded me that nature is very powerful and that kids do need a mom and a dad. Yes they are right but I still believe that the love of 2 caring and loving either moms or dads is still better than none at all.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment