Friday, November 5, 2010

babby sitter for 2 hours

Last evening we had a cinema event organized by the EU Delegation at the AFI theater in Silverspring. I saw a Belgian movie about illegal immigrants in Belgium. It told the story of a young Russian mother who stays in Belgium with her 5-year old son. It was very sad and I cried of course.
Our neighbour Harper stayed 2 hours with Rachel and Natalie waiting for Yossi to come back home. I heard the girls had a great time.

Nous avions une soiree cinema sponsorisee par le travail hier soir, j'y suis allee et Harper est venue en attendant que Yossi rentre a la maison (oui ca lui prend 1h de route par metro a chaque trajet). Elles se sont bien amusees. Le film belge que j'ai vu etait tres triste: les immigres illegaux en Belgique, l'histoire d'une maman russe qui s'installe en Belgique avec son petit garcon de 5 ans et puis le centre et la deporatation et a lutte pour sauver son enfant.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Was this a first baby sitter experience Laurence? I'm glad it went well.