Monday, November 5, 2012

Sunday with maman/ dimanche juste avec maman

Rachel has been talking more in French since she started her classes at Alliance francaise. She has developed her assertiveness as well and has shown more aggressive verbally telling me that I was not nice and that she did not like me anymore. Of course these moments do not last long, she would come back and tell me 1 hour later that I was the best mom and that she adores me. Ok, but hearing these things in my mother tongue did hurt.

This week-end she mentioned that she thought I was spending more time with Natalie, which I never realized. I thought I was managing my time between the 2 girls fine. It is true that Natalie being younger cries more and gets then my full attention.

I told Rachel that I love them both the same and reminded her that she had been my only baby for 2 whole years and had gotten my full attention.  Natalie on the other hand had never had that, this seemed to help.

During the week, I let her come to our bed once while I was reading my book early in the evening and she seemed happy to lie down close to me and hold my hand. Papa took her to bed an hour later.

On Saturday evening when the girls were in bed, after papa's story, I sat in Rachel's bed, she held my hand and we told each other stories.
Yesterday afternoon I took just Rachel to the show at Strathmore and leave Natalie with papa. We walked to Strathmore, sat down together and listen to the story of the dragon, crocodiles and of course princess. We had a nice time.
This week has been more pleasant and I haven't heard anything negative from Rachel.
I am glad she told me how she felt and I was able to make her feel better and loved.

Ces derniers temps Rachel parle plus en francais mais est plutot agressive me disant qu'elle ne m'aimait pas, que j'etais mechante (ce n'est guere facile a entendre). Ce week-end, elle m'a raconte qu'elle aimerait faire des choses rien qu'evec moi (on essayait deja de les separer et Yossi enmenait parfois Rachel au musee le dimanche ou allait faire les courses avec elle).
Samedi soir apres la lecture, je me suis assise dans son lit (Natalie dormait deja). On s'est raconte des histoire, elle a tenu ma main et s'est endormie. Dimanche apres-midi je suis allee voir un show avec elle et j'ai decide de laisser Natalie avec papa (ils ont fait la sieste ensemble). Hier soir je leur ai lu une histoire et apres je suis restee pres de Rachel, j'ai lu mon livre et elle s'est endormie en tenant ma main.


2 comments:

Fiona said...

Interesting - and a very nice ending to this story!

We had the reverse for a while, where Sophie perceived we spent more time with Kara. She was acting out because of it. Like you, we made a point of spending more obvious and special time with Sophie and she's soooo much better. Unfortunately we had to figure this out for ourselves though, as Sophie isn"t good at all with telling us how she feels.

Marya said...

So wonderful that she was able to tell you what she needed. I spend a few minutes each night laying with David and Ari individually. I love the closeness and learn more about their day and their life in those few moments than any other time.