On Thursday night, I went to the opening of the EU film showcase at the AFI theatre and Yossi stayed home with the girls. It was nice to have a night out.
"Mammoth" the Swedish movie was hard. Young parents with a 7-year old daughter litteraly raised by her nanny while her surgeon mom works at night and her computer business dad travels the world. It was heart braking to see these 2 young adults so wrapped up in their own work. It tackles issues like children abuse by their own parents, Western men abusing boys in Thailand, death of children... and of course everybody was crying in the theater or maybe it was just me.
After that movie, there was a reception hosted by our Acting Ambassador and I told him that that movie makes you wish you could spend more time with your kids and maybe stay home. He is a sweet family man and he replied that he was happy that we have "civilized" working hours allowing us to spend time with our family.
I wish I could spend more time with my children, 3 hours in the evening seems so little but these are quality hours! Thank God for week-ends and holdidays and all these snuggling time we have.
I am glad to have snuggling kids" who love to cuddle and give me kisses and tell me how much they love me.
Rachel: maman I love you that much
and she opens her arms as wide as she can and I do the same but open my arms even wider.
I am so glad to be a mom and can't but a moment imagine that I could have missed that joy. Thank you to Yossi for making that wish come true.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, thanks from all of us to Yossi - for I can't imagine if our paths had never crossed !!!
So sweet! What a wonderful way to look at life. Those girls are so lucky to have you!
Post a Comment