Monday, November 1, 2010

The fun of being at school: lice

Let me spell it : LICE.
The idea never crossed my mind that this could happen. Last week, we were told that one case had been diagnosed.
We did check everybody's hair at home. Rachel had to be treated and had to have her hair combed many times with special metal combs. She was very courageous. She is fine now but these last few days were not fun for none of us..

I was upset and first felt so bad but realized that it was nobody's fault and this is part of being at school I guess. I got even a little bit paranoid and certainly went overboard....

OK, this is my first blog entry for the month of November and I do feel that I can share this issue with all of you without feeling bad about it.
I hope that the others ones will be more fun.

7 comments:

Thrift Store Mama said...

Lice is awful !!! I'm so, so sorry this happened to you. Yuck !

Elaine said...

Laurence,

I have this super duper lice comb from Lice Happens that was given to me free. If you want it, let me know and I'll bring it to you.

AwwwTrouble said...

AAAAIIIIIIIII!!

I live in fear of this happening to us. Good luck!

Fiona said...

I am now the Lice queen! We have all the stuff now since we've suffered through this twice! Oh I feel for you - it just takes over your life completely. So sorry this happened.

But seriously, keep checking closely. We treated our girls, then they went back to school and got reinfected by others who had it.

mom said...

After it happened to my older one back in summer time, I became an expert. Thankfully it will be over in a couple of days.

Rachel et Natalie said...

thank you for your support. We have bought many lice combs and everybody has 2 at home! (smile). I have to say that in our bad luck we were lucky that it did happen on a Friday and that we were able to act on it quickly and had 3 days ahead of us to take care of it.

Laurie said...

Oh - how awful Laurence! I'm so glad you were able to take care of it quickly!